Don’t know what to do with that leftover piece of salmon from dinner last night? Here is a delicious and healthy recipe.
* 1 medium head of red lettuce
* 2 hard boiled eggs, no yolks
* 1 carrot, shredded
* 1 cup cooked asparagus tips
* 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 small yellow pepper, cut into strips
* 1 nice piece of salmon (or 7.5 ounce can of pink salmon)
* For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
* 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 2 tbsp water
* 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
Rinse and dry lettuce leaves. Tear into pieces and divide among four bowls or plates.
Combine chopped cooked egg whites, carrot, asparagus, onion and peppers. Arrange on top of lettuce.
Flake salmon on top of vegetables. (Or drain and flake.)
In a small bowl (or food processor), whisk vinaigrette ingredients together until emulsified. Drizzle a little over each plate or bowl.
Yummy and good for you.